Tuesday 6 September 2011

God @ Swing Dance!


Aug 21, 2011 - Late post.

Swing Dancing is where I'm focusing on sharing God's love lately. My family @ Kansas City really encouraged me to pursue that. So I'm sharing the love, and stuff I've learned with the people at Swing! :) I like it. It really shows God cares about me cause He knows I love dancing, and He's providing Swing Dance to be a way for me to start a simple church. 

'Suburban Swing', every Sunday night!

All us girls having a blast.
 

I tell my dance partners what I did this summer (basically said that I learned God's love, and how to have it come into me and in my life more) hehe luuved the reactions, and convos that followed :D. Most of them didn't really understand what I meant at first, and people thought it was a trip where I went and helped poor people. But NOPE we did some of that, but it was mostly a “Summer of Love”, as I described on a previous blog post.

I prayed for a dude that was quite depressed, and had amnesia. I spoke into his life, blessed him, and he received it. 

In Swing, we rotate dance partners during the lesson, and when I got to this one dude I asked him how he was doing, and he replied, “Lonely”, and he remained quite downcast throughout the practice.

Later, I had to something from my purse, and the same guy happened to be sitting right in front of it, so I thought,  
ok, God, I think this is a sign. I'm going to talk to him ok? And God said it was okay so I talked with him. I asked him how it was going, and he said, 
“Not good, it's pretty bad right now, I have amnesia.”

He's got 30 min short term memory, and some long term memory, and he told me some horrible things that he's witnessed, and crappy stuff he's done. Something about an accident, someone getting shot, him getting shot, and sleeping with a guy. 

I somehow knew exactly what to say the whole time, and how to deal with all of this! Thank you God! And I finally said 
“Y'know, I don't know about all the other stuff, but what I do know is this: God really does love you.” And I looked at him right in the eyes and he looked back, and said that God can't love him, and if God loved him, then why would he let all that crap happen to him? I was slightly stumped for a sec, but then remembered God's heart for this dude, and said, 
“That doesn't change that He still loves you.” then he said,
“God doesn't exist”, and I said, 
"Well dude, I know for a fact that He does, and I wouldn't even be here right now if it wasn't for God” and asked him if I could pray for him. He said yes, and I asked if I could put my hand on his shoulder, he agreed, and I prayed for him. Right there by a floor full of people Dancing.

I prayed that his amnesia would be gone, that he'd know God's love for him, blessed him, and prayed for protection and a whole bunch of other stuff.


Met up with a man named Florence (but pronounced 'flu – RGOH'), a French man, that I knew before KC, and met his new girlfriend. I had already talked about God and such things with Florence, he doesn't believe in God, but is searching it out (that 's what he said). I told him that on my trip, I learned more about God's love in my 'heart', than in my head.



And of course... God really BLESSED me with a fun evening full of learning new and fun dance moves, and good, healthy, human interaction! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment